The "Scooby" Award award was created to encourage participation and more enjoyment for handlers with larger breed K-9 athletes. The award is named in honor of Scooby, the Doberman Pinscher disc dog pictured above, who left this world all too soon.
- Your dog must weight 60 lbs or more to be eligible.
- You are scored by the division you enter and your finish in that division.
- Points are awarded based on individual dog/handler pairs using the scoring system defined below.
- Points can be scored in all the events at a competition that a team is eligible to compete in.
- Scooby Award is only given out at SOFK9s outdoor competitions, indoor competitions are not eligible.
- At the end of the competition, each team's points will be tallied. The dog/handler team with the highest total will receive the "Scooby" Award sponsored by Elbe Photography.
Scoring break down:
- Every entry in each event at a competition scores:
- 1 point for entry in Novice Division
- 2 points for entry in Intermediate Division (when offered)
- 3 points for entry in Pro Division
- The highest placing eligible dogs in each division for each event will receive the following points:
- Highest placement = 5 points
- 2nd highest placement = 4 points
- 3rd highest placement = 3 points
- 4th highest placement = 2 points
- 5th highest placement = 1 point
| The Winners:
- Jason Williams & Bo 2014 Buckeye Bash
- Chris Leigeber & Kenya 2010 Ohio Cup
- Tim Zimmer & Buster 2010 Dogfest
- Tim Zimmer & Buster 2010 Chompapalooza
- Paul A Denu & Sparky 2009 Ohio Cup
- Greg McIntyre & Abbie 2009 Dogfest
- Tim Zimmer & Buster 2008 Midsummer at The Meadows
- Justin King & Xena 2008 Dogfest
- Tim Zimmer & Buster 2007 Spring Event